Sunday, June 12, 2011

Remake of #339. Graveyard Fields

Parkway Series #339   12 x 16   oil   $150.

Sometimes I have to deal with a painting several days before I know if it is finished.  This painting posted on June 8th bothered me.  I paint mostly from real life with a bit of artistic license but the real rock formations in this image kept reminding me of animal heads!! Everytime I looked at the painting I saw eyes and noses/faces of animals looking back! So I had to take the artistic license to change and paint rocks that suited me better. The creativity of compostition and change from the real landscape is part of art and knowing when to change is part of being an artist.  However, I will reserve the right to change it again in a few days... not sure if there may be more changes to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment