Tuesday, March 2, 2010

On my way home

Parkway Series #122   12 x 16  oil   $95.

According to Webster's dictionary, discipline means training that corrects, perfects and refines.  My goal in this project was to discipline myself to paint every day with the hope of refining my skills.  It is not an easy task to make myself paint especially with my inspiration being closed for such a long time! However, discipline as much as it is associated with "punishment" is actually an incredible blessing;  I am learning so much.  This six month point is interesting;  I am painting faster, with more ease, experimenting more, knowing what I like and don't like as far as style.  I feel that when the extended Parkway finally opens my improvement as an artist will fly at a much faster pace in the last six months of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment