Monday, January 9, 2017

New Paintings 2017

 Parkway Series #450       Peaks of Otter  12 x 16   oil   SOLD



 Parkway Series #451   Roanoke River from Parkway Bridge  12 x 16  oil   SOLD



Tribute to Roger Bansemer   12 x 16  oil   NFS


After painting on location and from imagination, sometimes it is good to find artists that you admire and emulate their styles and colors in order to learn from the masters.  I really admire Roger Bansemer for his down home images and rich colors.  As I continue to work on my Parkway Series I take time out to look at his work and the work of Julian Merrow-Smith whose plein air paintings I love for their space, perspective and brushwork.  New ideas, new beginnings, the new year become exciting with anticipation of new paintings!

No comments:

Post a Comment