Monday, November 29, 2010

Workshop Critique

Parkway Series #277   12 x 16   oil    SOLD
The painting workshop and the holidays have been a refreshing time of rest and reflection; I plan to slow down even more during the Christmas season.  However, I will be thinking about all the new ideas from the workshop and how I can work them into new paintings.  For example, this painting bothered me for a reason I could not explain.  During the workshop, Ron Boehmer talked about having main characters in your paintings just like a book.  Just by adding more thickness to the tree trunks, I created three main groups of trees/characters rather than the mass of foliage that you can see in the previous photo of this painting (#277) posted on October 28th.  Something as simple as this can improve a painting.  I'll share more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment