Tuesday, June 8, 2010

View of Lost Mountain


Parkway Series # 187   12 x 16   oil,    SOLD

I painted this overlook from a different angle back in the fall (#39).  Many times I go back to the same location to paint the same scene in different seasons.  It is interesting that even on a daily basis, the Parkway changes with time of day, growth of vegetation, leaf colors, wild flowers etc....  As an artist, however, I am finding that I am making changes more now than I did earlier in this project.  In this interpretation of the image, I raised the distant mountains into a clearer view and I added red to the tree for more contrast to the green landscape.  Even with my changes, I want the truth of the location to show;  I want viewers to identify with their own experience on the Parkway.

No comments:

Post a Comment